Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lots Going On!

Wow! I didn't realize it's been a month since our last post. A lot of changes have taken place here at Green Pastures . . . where to start??? Remember this barn?

 


Well here's the inside, cleaned out, with a new door and "our stuff".






Pete "negotiated" several free days for a bush hog attachment for the CAT. Armed with that firepower, he battled with briars, trash, small trees, more wisteria, etc. and now we really do have a pasture! A pleasant surprise is it's terraced which gives a wonderful rolling, landscape to our "back forty"!


And what is Debby doing? Well . . . remember one of the first posts where I was so excited to have that "southern staple" wisteria?














Although absolutely beautiful the springtime, I think wisteria is more of a bane to the South than kudzu. It is the epitome of invasive! It is prolific, tough, hardy, and not easily destroyed. I'm at war!!!! And for those of you who know me . . . I won't stop until I win!!!!

This pile is now about 3 times larger!

There's a lot more going on which I'll share in other posts.


Pete & Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment